Job Description: Associate Attorney
GlobalPro Recovery, Inc., is your insurance coverage expert before, during and after any loss or damage.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of insurance professionals with experience in insurance, law, construction, engineering, finance, and technology. We leverage our proprietary process to achieve maximum results. This makes GlobalPro uniquely qualified to service community associations, business owners, and high net-worth individuals.
Headquartered in Miami, FL with offices in New York, DC, Orlando, and Dallas, we provide best-in-class service to select clientele in the United States and around the world.
We are committed to ensuring that our clients make informed decisions, saving time and maximizing their recovery. GlobalPro has recovered over $1 billion globally for our clients.
GlobalPro, a leading insurance services firm, is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, full-time Associate Attorney, with 5 years of progressive work experience in the legal industry or other like position. The role is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the entire claims process for real property and content insurance losses. Handles all claim matters, including coverage, correspondence, legal research, and filings. Works directly with Claims Analyst, Field Adjuster, and other company employees. Position will be based in our Miami, FL office.
Professional Qualifications Required:
- Ability to multi-task, juggle deadlines, schedule projects, manage time, and communicate clearly about progress against assignments
- Previous experience writing headlines and CTA that drive engagement
- A keen eye for flawless grammar, spelling, and polished writing
- Interest in business services
- Insurance and/or construction matters required
- The candidate must have excellent writing and oral advocacy skills, with experience in taking and defending depositions, and supporting trial preparation
- Florida Bar admission is required
- General computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Competent legal research is also required
- Reviews, evaluates and processes claims and makes recommendations for resolution
- Has contact with agents, claimants, and policyholders
- Review property damage reports to determine how much the insurance company should pay for the loss
- Interview the claimant and witnesses and do additional research, such as looking at police and fire reports
- Consult with other professionals, such as architects, construction workers, and engineers who can offer an expert evaluation of a claim
- Gather information—including photographs and statements, either written or recorded audio or video—and put it in a report used to evaluate the claim
- Conducts research, i.e. legal, claims handling, building code, etc
- Determine whether the insurance policy covers the loss claimed
- Ensure that claims are not fraudulent
- Drafts and sends correspondences and responses to insurance company inquires
- Communicates requests and updates directly with client and/or points of contact for client
- If the Carrier contests the outcome of the claim or the settlement, work with the Client, attorneys and expert witnesses
- Updates and assists in maintaining all open claim files, i.e.: Dropbox and Visuals Xpress
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Enrollment offered in Medical, Dental, 401k + Match